The CBR 2 motion sensor is TI's answer to an easy, affordable data collection device! Designed for teachers who want their students to collect and analyze real-world motion data, such as distance, velocity and acceleration. Great for algebra through calculus and statistics, physical science and physics.
The CBR 2 motion detector plugs into TI-Nspire™ learning handhelds and TI-84 Plus family calculators using the USB CBR-to-calculator cable.Using the CBR 2 and the newest TI-Nspire application, Vernier DataQuest®, students can kinesthetically explore motion and graphing with the "Motion Match" feature.
They simply plug in the CBR 2 and watch the Vernier DataQuest®
app launch automatically. Once they choose "Motion Match," challenge your students to match the graph by walking back and forth using the CBR 2 motion detector.
Students enjoy changing their position and speed as they attempt to get the perfect match.
Students can also begin collecting data immediately using their TI-84 Plus family calculator. (Vernier EasyData® App required). The device will automatically launch the app and begin displaying the current distance reading. Also select from several easy-to-use activities that are already built-in.
CBR 2 motion sensor capabilities and highlights:
- Includes 5 sample classroom activities for math and science
- Pivoting sensor head for easy positioning
- Upgraded design and color
- USB connectivity to the TI-Nspire™ family of handhelds, TI-Nspire™ family of software, and TI-84 Plus family of graphing calculators
- Record data from 15 cm (5.9 in.) to 6 m (19.7 ft.)
- Sensitivity switch for normal and track modes
- Use with dynamic tracks, coffee filters, graph match, ball-toss and other activities
- Improved real-time graphing
Pivoting sensor head
Simply point the sensor where the action is! It will measure distance, velocity and acceleration - up to 200 samples per second!
CBR 2 motion sensor system includes:
- CBR 2 sonic motion detector
- USB CBR 2-to-calculator cable (for use with TI-84 Plus family calculators)
- Extended length I/O cable, for connecting to calculator input/output port
- 4 AA batteries
- Guidebook: Getting Started with the CBR 2
DataMate Screen Shots
Have you wanted to include screen shots from DataMate in your handouts? This Zip file contains the all the basic screenshots from the DataMate software for the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus Families. Download DataMate Screenshots