- Students will simulate environmental temperature changes and observe the effect of temperature change on the metabolic rates of two different animals.
- Students will develop an understanding of the effect of environmental temperatures on endotherms and ectotherms.
- Students will develop an understanding of the relationship between environmental temperature and animal metabolism.
- circadian rhythms
About the Lesson
This lesson involves students using TI-Nspire technology simulate the effect of environmental temperature on the metabolisms of both endothermic and ectothermic animals.
As a result, students will:
- Differentiate between endothermic and ectothermic animals.
- Develop an understanding of the physiological needs of endothermic and ectothermic animals.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here.