- Students will observe and analyze thermal energy transfer between metals and water.
- Students will understand the relationship between heat, mass, specific heat, and temperature change in a system.
- thermal energy
- thermal equilibrium
- specific heat
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will explore thermal energy transfer and the relationship between heat, mass, specific heat, and temperature change in a system.
As a result, students will:
- Measure the time it takes for two objects to come to thermal equilibrium.
- Calculate the heat gained or lost by an object using mass, specific heat, and change in temperature.
- Understand how the energy gained or lost by an object relates to the change in temperature of the object.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here