- Students will investigate and discover relationships between light and distance.
- Students will use a mathematical formula to determine a celestial body’s unknown distance to the Sun.
- Students will recognize the large distances between objects in our solar system.
- astronomical unit
- celestial body
- light intensity
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will investigate relationships between light and distance and explore distances between objects in our solar system.
As a result, students will:
- Understand how to determine the distance of an object from the Sun by measuring the light intensity at the surface of the object.
- Calculate an object’s location using the inverse square law.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here.