- Students will investigate and discover relationships among distance, mass, and gravity.
- Students will explore how the distance of each planet from the Sun as well as the mass of each planet affects the gravitational force between the planet and the Sun.
- law of universal gravitation
- inverse square law
- astronomical unit
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will investigate relationships among distance, mass, and gravity and explore gravitational forces between planets and the Sun.
As a result, students will:
- Understand how the distance between two objects is related to the force of gravity between them.
- Determine whether mass or distance has a greater effect on the gravity between two objects.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here