- Students will understand the relationship between magnetic flux density and the strength of the electrical current.
- Students will determine the value of the magnetic constant.
- Magnetic flux density
- Electric Current
About the Lesson
This lesson demonstrates the proportional relationship between the magnetic flux density at the center of a long, electrically charged coil and the strength of the electrical current. This is a more advanced experiment for high school students.
As a result, students will:
- Create a closed circuit.
- Determine a relationship from a graph.
- Calculate the value for the magnetic constant.
- Calculate percent error of the experimental value from the given true value.