- Students will observe how objects produce images in a mirror.
- Students will explore the relationship between the distance of the object from a mirror and the image distance from the mirror.
- Students will explain what an observer sees when looking at objects in a mirror.
- angle of incidence
- light path
- plane mirror
About the Lesson
This lesson has students reflect objects over a mirror line to determine the position of the image.
As a result, students will:
- Develop the understanding that the image appears the same distance behind the mirror as the object is in front of the mirror.
- Be able to explain the relationship between the observer's position and the image of an object in the mirror.