- Students will explore the direction of light rays through concave and convex lenses.
- Students will determine the affect the focal points have on light rays leaving a lens.
- Students will explore the images that are produced from concave and convex lenses.
- focus, foci, focal length
- real image
- virtual image
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will explore the characteristics of lenses.
As a result, students will:
- Develop an understanding of the affect different types of light have on light rays.
- Relate the effect of a light ray to the focal point of a lens.
- Explore the relationship of objects to the images that are produced when light passes through a lens.