Leaders in professional learning
The Teachers Teaching with Technology™ (T³™) professional learning organization is comprised of some of the most creative and innovative mathematics, science and STEM teachers in the world. They are successful educators who work with teachers and students from elementary grades through the university level.
As advocates for enhancing student achievement, T³™ instructors speak from current experiences involving technology, educational trends and pedagogical practices. Their backgrounds include public, private, charter and magnet schools, as well as urban, suburban and rural environments.
Continuing a tradition of excellence
For more than 30 years, the T³™ organization has paved the way in professional learning. It has grown to include over 300 instructors in North America and hundreds more around the world. T³™ instructors work with over 60,000 educators a year in North America alone.
Join the T³™ instructor community
Are you interested in being part of a vibrant, long-standing community, with a proven history of excellence in the teaching of mathematics, science and STEM education? The T³™ community continues to look for dedicated educators to lead, learn and grow together.
Why become a T³™ instructor?
- Engage in professional learning to enhance your teaching practices
- Accelerate your growth and impact as a teacher leader
- Network and collaborate with educators focused on the intentional use of technology, inquiry-based learning and connecting math, science and STEM concepts
- Learn alongside national mathematics, science and STEM education leaders, including dozens of presidential award winners
- Participate in opportunities to facilitate workshops, author curriculum and collaborate with TI product development
- Receive financial support to attend and present at national, regional or local conferences
- Receive compensation for select projects and assignments
- Determine your own time commitment (from as little as one hour per month on average)
Take the next step
One of the requirements for becoming a T³™ instructor is completing a T³™ Teacher Leader Cadre (TLC) professional learning program. Upon successful completion of a T³™ TLC, educators can apply to become T³™ instructors.
A T³™ TLC consists of three days of in-person professional learning followed by 18 two-hour webinars held on Thursday evenings, generally every other week.
The goals of each T³™ TLC include:
- Supporting educators to become teacher leaders
- Implementing effective, research-based teaching practices
- Using TI technology to empower student learning
- Cultivating educators’ growth as reflective practitioners
While some districts may offer a T³™ TLC locally, there are also two opportunities available every other year to join a TI-hosted T³™ TLC. Participation is limited and determined via an application process.
T³™ TLC application details
For accepted applicants, the cost of hotel, meals and training materials will be covered. In addition, T³™ TLC graduates will receive TI technology as a gift upon completion.
Candidates are responsible for their own transportation costs to the three-day, in-person portion of the program. Needs-based, partial scholarships may be available to defray travel costs.
What makes a successful T³™ TLC applicant?
Successful applicants share the following characteristics:
- Reflective practitioner — desire to be aware of current trends or issues in education
- Teacher leader — desire to work with collegues and adult learners
- Facilitator of learning — knowledge of current pedagogical practices and TI technology
The 2020 T³™ TLC application is now closed.
Get notified when the 2022 T³™ TLC application is available.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about the T³™ TLC application process or becoming a T³™ instructor.