One CAS app. All the math.
Perform computations and enter expressions, equations and formulas in proper math notation.
|Lists & Spreadsheet
Perform mathematical operations on data and visualize the connections between the data and their plots.
Plot and explore functions, equations and inequalities, animate points on objects and graphs, use sliders to explain their behavior and more.
|Data & Statistics
Summarize and analyze data using different graphical methods such as histograms, box plots, bar and pie charts and more.
Construct and explore geometric figures and create animations.
Enter notes, steps, instructions and other comments on the screen alongside the math.
Open new paths to understanding
New and faster interactive features motivate students to see and interact with math and science more deeply:
In addition to those new features, TI-Nspire™ CAS App for iPad® enhancements also include:
Reduce syntax errors in solving differential equations.
Accelerate the understanding processBy supporting a hands-on, powerfully visual approach to learning, the TI-Nspire™ CAS App for iPad® changes the way students experience math and helps them master deep conceptual understanding.
|Multiple representations enable students to visualize the connections between algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written forms of problems.|
|Dynamic linking across the multiple representations encourages students to make crucial connections by observing how equations change — in real time, on one screen — as they touch, grab and interact with shapes, graphs and objects on the screen.|
Enter expressions in proper math notationThe unique interactive keyboard features equation templates so students can enter values and see proper math notation just as it is printed in textbooks and on the board.
Make real-world connectionsMake math more meaningful by importing images from the iPad® camera or photo library and overlaying graphs and equations on them to illustrate math principles in the real world.*
All your work, on the go, on your iPad®
The app fits seamlessly into existing TI-Nspire™ environments so class activities and homework can be created on the iPad®,
TI-Nspire™ graphing calculators and teacher and student software, then used on any — or all — of the platforms.
CREATE class activities and homework, complete with dynamically linked notes, directions, and instructions.
SHARE work across platforms using email, iTunes® file sharing and Dropbox™ for unlimited portability.
SAVE work as simply as saving documents on a computer.
A complete learning resource
Texas Instruments (TI) is committed to student success in mathematics by providing advanced learning tools that have been designed in collaboration with leading educators and researchers.
In addition to breakthrough classroom technology, TI also provides superior professional development for teachers as well as free activities and curriculum content.
Professional Development webinars, workshops and conferences by Teachers Teaching with Technology™ (T3™). T3™ delivers practical, proven strategies, insights and methods for classroom success.
TI Building Concepts is a different way of thinking about teaching and learning critical middle grades math ideas.
Math Nspired Teaching Resource Center comprises a comprehensive online library of TI-Nspire™ math classroom activities and curriculum content for the TI-Nspire™ App for iPad®.
Science Nspired Resource Center includes a variety of free, downloadable simulations for the TI-Nspire™ App for iPad®.
App Store, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Dropbox is a trademark of its owner.
*TI-Nspire™ CAS App for iPad® supports .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp and .png image format.
TI-Nspire™ CAS App for iPad® specifications
- Compatible with iPad® Air 2, iPad® Mini 4, iPad® Pro (12.9 inch), iPad® Pro (9.7 inch)
- iPadOS® 15.6 or later
- Connectivity: WiFi, GSM, LTE
- Available storage capacity:
- 100 MB for app
- 100 MB for documents
- TI-Nspire™ Documents (.tns files)
- Save and review work; create, edit and save TI-Nspire™ Documents (.tns files)
- Files compatible with TI-Nspire™ software and TI-Nspire™ graphing calculators
- Share using built-in email and Dropbox™ functionality
- Use images (jpeg, jpg, bmp, png file formats) that can be overlaid with graphical elements
- Explore mathematical expressions in symbolic form; see patterns and understand the math behind the formulas
- Visualize of multiple representations of a single problem — algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written
- Manipulate linked representations of properties to instantly update the others and show meaningful connections without switching screens, for example, grab a graphed function and move it to see the effect on corresponding equations and data lists
- Toll-free help hotline: 1.800.TI.CARES
- Email help line: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom activities available
- Access to online help built in
- Professional development and tutorials available at education.ti.com/t3
- Function, Parametric, Polar, Sequence and 3D graphing
- Multiple graphing functions to be defined, saved, graphed and analyzed at one time
- User-defined list names in Lists & Spreadsheet
- Eleven interactive zoom features
- Numeric evaluations in table format for all graphing modes
- Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals and derivatives
- Six different graph styles and 15 colors to select from for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
- Matrix operations including inverse, determinant, transpose, augment, reduced row echelon form and elementary row operations; convert matrices to lists and vice-versa; calculate eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial and quartic polynomial regression models
- Three statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots
- Advanced statistics analysis, including 10 hypothesis testing functions, seven confidence interval functions and one-way analysis of variance
- Eighteen probability distribution functions, including Normal, Student-t, Chi-square, Binomial and Poisson
App Store and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Dropbox is a trademark of its owner.
Get the most out of your TI-Nspire™ Apps for iPad®Take advantage of TI’s comprehensive suite of free activities and services for the TI-Nspire™ App for iPad® and TI-Nspire™ CAS App for iPad®.
Accelerate the learning process
Free downloadable classroom activities support the iPad®’s powerfully visual approach to learning and promote deep understanding of important math and science concepts.
|View a comprehensive listing of all TI-Nspire™ Apps for iPad® compatible activities.|
Middle Grades Math: Growing Patterns
Use pattern growth to construct functions.
Middle Grades Math: Addition and Subtraction of Rational Numbers
Model addition and subtraction of positive mixed numbers for randomly generated numeric expressions.
Geometry: Pythagorean Relationships
Visualize geometric relationships by experimenting with triangles.
Precalculus: The Classic Box Problem
A classic optimization problem that uses the dynamic linking capabilities of the app to explore the problem in multiple representations.
Science: Build an Atom
Simulate, observe and manipulate the variables that affect the structure and properties of an atom.
Get up to speed quickly with your app
Web-based video tutorials from Hoonuit Professional Learning drill down into the app’s capabilities.
Your app comes preloaded with documents and activities for a quick start to exploring the TI-Nspire™ Apps for iPad® functionality.
Getting Started files provide:
Math files provide sample documents to explore the app’s interactive capabilities for:
Diagonals and Quadrilaterals
Domain and Range
Investigate Slope Interactively
Polynomial Factors Roots Zeros
Simulations for understanding real-world phenomena include:
Stay ahead of curve
Free on-demand and interactive live webinars, hosted by Teachers Teaching with Technology™ (T3™) professional development instructors, offer unique content, insights and methods for using your app.
App Store and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.