Solution 32351: Steps to Modify the Default Class Database Location in the TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Teacher Software.
How do I modify the default class database location in the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher Software?
Please follow the steps below to modify the Class Database Location in the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher Software:
Please Note: The default database location for Windows is "C:\Users\[Current User]\AppData\Local\Texas Instruments\TI-Nspire Navigator" and the default database location for Mac is "/Users/[Current User]/Library/Application Support/Texas Instruments/TI-Nspire Navigator".
1) With the TI-Nspire Navigator Software open click [File] [Settings] [Change Database Location].
2) Once the change database wizard has launched click [Browse] to continue with the process.
3) Verify that you understand that "Changes will take effect after application restarts." by clicking [OK].
4) Navigate to the new location you want to place your database using the browse function then click [Open].
Please Note: If you choose a network path or removable drive for your database path the software will start in "offline mode" if the network path or removable drive is not detected.
Additional Note: If you choose a network path verify the network path chosen is not assigned to another computer. The TI-Nspire Navigator class database cannot be used simultaneously by two different computers. If you attempt to do this you will receive an error on the second computer you are attempting to launch the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher Software on which is "Another Instance of TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher Software is already running".
5) Verify the "Database Path" you have chosen is correct by clicking [OK].
6) Next either click [Quit Now] to close the program and apply the new database path you have chosen or [Quit Later] to close the program at a later time to apply the changes.
Please Note: If your software launches in "offline mode" after restarting it, this means the software unable to locate the location the database you have specified. In "offline mode" the software will create a temporarily database that will be discarded after the software has closed down. The message you will receive if you encounter this issue is the displayed below:
If you need additional assistance with other components of the TI-Nspire Navigator System please visit Knowledgebase Article #30332.
If you need assistance with any of the steps listed above or if the troubleshooting does not correct your issue please call the TI-Navigator support line at 1-866-846-2844 Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Standard Time or fill out the TI-Cares™ Customer Assistance Form.