Solution 39297: Troubleshooting a TI-Nspire CX II or TI-Nspire CX II CAS Calculator That Will Not Turn On.
What troubleshooting steps can I try if the TI-Nspire CX II or TI-Nspire CX II CAS calculator will not turn on unless connected to a power source?
Please Note: If your TI-Nspire CX II or TI-Nspire CX II CAS calculator continuously reboots or is not functioning properly please instead refer to Solution 40455.
If the USB port is in good working condition, and the USB cable is plugged in all the way:
1) Press the [on] key, wait 4 seconds, then press the [on] key again.
2) Attempt to charge the calculator by connecting it to a wall adapter or Docking Station for a minimum of 2 hours. If connecting to a computer to charge, please charge the calculator for a minimum of 3 hours.
Please Note: If you are using a wall charger, make sure you are using the TI wall charger or other UL-certified USB charger rated for at least 1 amp (usually written as “1A” or “1000 mA”). To determine whether your charger is UL-certified, flip it over to the inside, and read the label. Look for the UL stamp, and confirm that it states that it is 1000 mA or higher.
3) Press the reset button on the back of the calculator. (Please Note: Resetting the calculator will cause unsaved data to be lost and erase all data entered into Scratchpad.)
4) Remove the battery door from the back of your calculator, disconnect the TI Rechargeable Battery, and then reconnect it.
5) If the calculator still does not turn on, and you have access to another TI Rechargeable Battery, please try using that battery temporarily, and note the calculator’s response and functionality when using this battery.
If using a different battery results in the calculator booting up properly and staying charged, please contact TI-Cares for a replacement battery.
If the calculator does not turn on with another battery, please contact TI-Cares for additional troubleshooting.
If you do not have access to another battery, please contact TI-Cares for assistance.