Solution 33712: Troubleshooting a TI-Nspire™ Family Handheld With Rechargeable Battery That Will Not Charge Past 75%.
What can I do if my TI-Nspire family handheld has a TI rechargeable battery and won't charge past 75%?
The TI-Nspire family handhelds check the battery's charge level every 30 minutes, and will display a level of 0%, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%, as opposed to the exact charge level. On occasion, the handheld may not update to reflect the correct charge level. If this happens, there are several steps that should result in displaying the correct charge level.
1) Unscrew the back panel of your handheld, disconnect the TI Rechargeable Battery, and then reconnect it. Replace the back panel afterwards.
2) Using a solid object such as a paperclip, reset the handheld using the reset button on back.
3) Try an alternative method of charging. For example, if you are charging by connecting to your computer via USB cable, try using the wall charger.
Please Note: If you are using a wall charger, make sure you are using the TI wall charger that came with your calculator or other UL-certified USB charger rated for at least 1 amp (usually written as “1A” or “1000 mA”). To determine whether your charger is UL-certified, flip it over to the inside, and read the label. Look for the UL stamp, and confirm that it states that it is 1000 mA or higher.
4) Update your handheld's operating system. For information on updating your operating system, click here.
5) Allow the handheld to charge for 1 hour.
If the suggestions do not alleviate the problem, please contact TI-Cares for information regarding service.