Solution 33611: TI-Nspire™ Family Software Shows Splash/Initial Screen but does not Launch.
How do I resolve issues with TI-Nspire Family software displaying the splash/initial screen but not launching?
To resolve issues with TI-Nspire Family software displaying the splash/initial screen but not launching follow the steps listed below:
Please Note: The steps below require that you have both administrator access on your computer and a local directory on your computer you have write access to. If you do not meet one or both of these requirements please contact your IT department or whoever manages your computer for assistance following the steps below.
• Download the attached [NspireFixScript.zip] to your computers desktop. If you have trouble locating this file the link is at the top right corner of the webpage.
• Unzip the file to extract the NspireFixScript.EXE using your computers built in unzipping tool.
• If any TI-Nspire family software is open please close it.
Run the fix file with default settings:
• [Double-Click] the [NspireFixScript.EXE] on your computers desktop and wait for it to complete.
• This file will add some files to the install directories of all TI-Nspire Family Software you have installed on your computer as well as redirect some logs to write to both [C:\] and [C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)].
Run the fix file with command line options if the default locations are not writable or you wish to change them to a different location:
Please Note: The path you change the fix file to write to must be a local path.
• Click [Start] [Run] and type the text below into the run box:
• Once the command window is open enter in the command listed below:
Please Note: For the below command to work the file must be located on your desktop and the filename must not be changed. Also replace <New Log File Path> with the local path you want to write the log files to.
%Userprofile%\Desktop\NspireFixScript.EXE <New Log File Path>
Please Note: The file can also be deployed using a network deployment tool using the above command line parameter.
TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Teacher software only:
An additional step is necessary if you are using TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher software. When you launch the software you will receive the error message below:
To resolve the above error message you will need to manually change the database location by follow the steps listed in Knowledgebase Article #32351.
Please Note: These steps above will need to be done on the each login account on the computer that uses TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher software.
If the suggestions do not alleviate the problem, please contact TI-Cares for additional assistance.