Solution 31831: Graphing the Fibonacci Sequence on the TI-Nspire™ Family Handhelds.
How can I graph the Fibonacci sequence on the TI-Nspire Family Handhelds?
In a Fibonacci sequence the first two terms are 1 and 1. Each succeeding term is the sum of the two immediately preceding terms.
Follow the procedure below to graph the Fibonacci sequence:
1) Select the Graph App and press [enter].
2) Press [menu] and arrow down to select 3: Graph Entry/Edit.
3) Press the right arrow and select 6: Sequence.
4) Press the right arrow and select 1: Sequence by pressing [enter].
5) Enter u1 (n-1) +u1 (n-2)
6) For initial terms, input 1,1
7) Leave the default as is: 1<n<99 nstep=1
8) Press [enter] to see the graph.
9) Insert a table by pressing press [ctrl] [T].
10) Press [menu] and select 2: Table.
11) Arrow down to select 5: Edit Table Settings and press [enter] to set the parameters to table Start=1 and Table Step: 1.
12) Highlight [OK] and press [enter] to see the table.
Please see the TI-Nspire / TI-Nspire CAS guidebooks for additional information.