Solution 36154: Replacing TI-Nspire™ Family Rechargeable Batteries
How do I replace the rechargeable batteries in my TI-Nspire CX Family Handheld?
The TI-Nspire CX and TI-Nspire CX CAS Handhelds are equipped with a TI Rechargeable Battery, which may occasionally need to be changed. To change the battery, please follow the steps below.
1) Use a small screwdriver to unscrew the back panel of your handheld.
2) After the screws are removed, lift the back panel up and off of the handheld.
3) Remove the old TI Rechargeable Battery.
4) Insert the white connector of the new TI Rechargeable Battery into the jack located at the top of the battery compartment.
Please Note: If no wires or jack exist on your TI-Nspire model type, slide and insert your new battery in the old batteries place facing the same direction.
5) Thread the wire into the case to secure it. Insert the rechargeable battery into its compartment.
6) Replace the back panel, and fasten the screws with a screwdriver.
Please Note: This procedure is also applicable for other products that utilize our TI Rechargeable Battery, such as the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, the TI-Nspire handheld with Touchpad, the TI-Nspire CAS handheld with Touchpad, the TI-Nspire Lab Cradle and the TI-Nspire Navigator Cradle (the one without a USB port). You can visit our webpage for more information.
If you have any questions about the information listed above, please contact TI-Cares for additional assistance.