Solution 37819: Troubleshooting a TI-84 Plus CE or TI-Nspire™ CX handheld that is not recognizing the TI-Innovator™ Hub
Troubleshooting a TI-Innovator™ Hub that is not being detected by a TI-84 Plus CE calculator or a TI-Nspire CX family of handhelds
Troubleshooting steps to follow when you don’t see the green LED when connecting a TI-84 Plus CE calculator or TI-Nspire™ CX handheld to the TI-Innovator™ Hub.
1. Make sure that the calculator is turned on and that it has sufficient charge.
- If your TI-Nspire CX handheld is experiencing charging issues, please see
- If your TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator is experiencing charging issues, please see
2. If you are using a USB Unit-to-Unit (Mini-A to Mini-B) cable to connect to a calculator, make sure to connect the "B" end of the cable to the “DATA B” port at the bottom of the Hub. Reversing this cable prevents the Hub from receiving power.
3. Make sure your calculator has the latest operating system.
- To update to the latest operating system please go to: https://education.ti.com/latest
4. Make sure the end of the USB cable connected to the calculator is inserted completely.
5. Unplug the USB cable from the TI-Innovator™ Hub wait 3 seconds and re-plug the USB cable
What does it mean when the Error LED blinks and the speaker makes a tone?
If the error LED blinks there is an error in the commands being sent to the TI-Innovator™ Hub. Review the sample commands for the on-board, I/O modules, and breadboard components for ideas on how to modify your program.
If you require further assistance please contact TI-Cares for support at 1-866-846-2844 or send us an E-Mail.