Solution 11945: Correcting the Error Message Waiting...Please Install Calculator Software Now on a TI-83 Plus Family.
How do I correct the Error Waiting...Please Install Calculator Software Now message on my TI-83 Plus family?
If an operating system (OS) update fails or is interrupted, the
calculator will be in an inoperable state with the message
Waiting...Please install calculator software now. The most common cause
of a transfer being interrupted is updating the operating system on a
calculator with low batteries. Users will need to use the TI
Connectivity and the TI Connect software to send the operating system to
the calculator. Make sure to have the latest version of TI Connect v4.0 installed on the computer.
Please Note: If TI Connect is not already installed please do not have your calculator plugged into your computer during the download and installation of TI Connect.
In order to install the software please follow these steps:
the TI Connectivity between the computer and the calculator. Verify the
cable is completely pushed into the calculator and is a tight fit. If
it is not completely pushed in the computer will not detect it.
2) Click on Start >> Programs >> TI Tools >> TI Connect >> TI OSDownloader
3) Follow the on-screen directions to reinstall the calculator's OS.
If the message "Error! Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on." appears on the graphing calculator, quickly, remove one battery from the calculator and reinstall it while the transfer is taking place.
For the Macintosh® platform (Using TI Connect 4.0 for Mac® OS X):
Download the latest operating system for Texas Instruments' graphing calculators from the Latest Apps and OS website.
1) Click on the correct calculator model type from the menu on the left to display a list of the latest apps and operating systems.
2) Download and save the selected operating system file to the computer's desktop.
3) If not already connected, connect the graphing calculator to the computer using a TI Connectivity or USB Cable. Verify the cable is completely pushed into the calculator and is a tight fit. If it is not completely pushed in the computer will not detect it.
4) Open TI OS Restore by going to Macintosh Hard Drive (HD)>>Applications>>TI Connect>>TI OS Restore.
5) If the calculator is detected and TI OS Restore indentifies the correct model number, skip the next step.
6) If the calculator is not detected by TI OS Restore, disconnect it from the computer and re-connect it. If the message Error! Press any key to turn off device is displayed, turn the calculator off and then back on.
7) Once TI OS Restore indentifies the correct calculator model number; drag and drop the operating system file from the desktop onto the picture of the Texas Instruments' graphing calculator.
8) Follow the instructions from the "Alert" window before clicking the "Proceed" button.
If the steps above fail or a TI Connectivity cable is not available, the operating system can also be restored using another calculator.
1) Connect the two calculators using an Texas Instruments I/O data cable.
2) On the receiving unit, check the calculator's display to make sure it is still on. If the message Error! Press any key to turn off device is displayed, turn the calculator off and then back on.
3) On the sending unit, press [2nd] [LINK] and select G:SendOS.
For more information regarding your Texas Instruments graphing calculator, please refer to the guidebooks section.