Solution 34654: Graphing a Polar Rose on the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus Family of Graphing Calculators.
How do I graph a polar rose on the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus family of graphing calculators?
The example below will demonstrate how to graph a polar rose:
Please Note: For this example, the graph mode setting will need to be changed to Polar graphing. To do this:
1) Press [mode]
2) Press [↓] [↓] [enter] to set the calculator to Radian mode.
3) Press [↓] [→] [→] to highlight Polar mode and press [enter]
Example: Graph the function 8sin(2.5q)
1) Press [Y=] to access the Y= editor.
2) Press  [sin]  [.]  [X,T,q,n] [ ) ]
3) Press [window] to access the graph WINDOW settings.
4) Press [↓] to edit to qmax then press  [2nd] [^] to enter 4π
5) Press [zoom]  to perform a ZSquare (ZoomSquare) which will display the graph.
Please see the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus Family guidebooks for additional information.
Last updated: 7/11/2023