Solution 26150: Finding the Limit of a Function on the TI-83 Plus Family, TI-84 Plus Family or TI-Nspire™ in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How can I find the limits on a TI-83 Plus family, TI-84 Plus family or a TI-Nspire in TI-84 Plus mode?
While there is no built in function on the TI-83 Plus family, TI-84 Plus family or the TI-Nspire in TI-84 Plus mode that can easily find the limits on the calculator there is a work around. Using the example (x+1)/(x-1) let us find the limit as X approaches 3:
1) Press [Y=]
2) Enter in (x+1)/(x-1)
3) Press [WINDOW] and enter the settings below.
4) Press [GRAPH] to display the graph.
5) Press [2nd] followed by [TBLSET]
6) Enter the settings below
7) Press [2nd] followed by [TABLE]
8) Looking at the numbers in the table as x approaches 3.
This will give us the limit as X approaches 3, which is equal to 2.