Solution 17649: Using the GetCalc( Command on the TI-83 Family, TI-84 Plus Family or TI-Nspire™ Handheld in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How do I use the GetCalc( command to transfer a variable from one TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family or TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode to another?
The GetCalc( command is used to copy the contents of a variable (such as a real or complex number, list, matrix, string, Y= variable, graph database or picture) from one unit, and then store it to the memory of another compatible unit. The following steps detail how this is done:
• Connect the two calculators using an I/O unit-to-unit cable.
* Note: If both are TI-84 Plus family calculators, the mini-USB unit-to-unit cable may be used to connect.
• On the receiving calculator, press [2nd] [CATALOG] and scroll down to select GetCalc(
• Press [ENTER]
• Input the name of the variable that you want to copy over, as it appears on the sending calculator, then press [)]
• Press [ENTER]
The receiving calculator will then display DONE and the variable will have been copied from the sending calculator.
Example: Copy the matrix [A] from a TI-83 Plus and store it to the memory of a connected TI-84 Plus:
• Connect the TI-83 Plus and the TI-84 Plus using an I/O unit-to-unit cable.
• On the TI-84 Plus, press [2nd] [CATALOG], scroll down to GetCalc( and press [ENTER].
• Press [2nd] [MATRIX].
• Press  to select 1:[A] from the Matrix NAMES menu.
* Note: You must actually select the variable you want to copy from the appropriate menu. You cannot manually input [[A]] or you will receive a syntax error.
• Press [)] then [ENTER]
The TI-84 Plus will then display DONE and the matrix [A] will now have been copied from the TI-83 Plus.
Please see the TI-83 family and TI-84 Plus family guidebooks for additional information.
NOTE: TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode users may refer to the TI-84 Plus family guidebook.