Solution 11768: Graphing Angle Measures Using the TI-83 Family, TI-84 Plus Family, and TI-Nspire™ Handheld in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How do I graph angle measures using the TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family and TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode?
When graphing the measure of an angle using the TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family and TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode, it will be graphed as a system of 2 parametric equations. This is done because the standard function graphing mode is limited to solving for Y= fuctions in which the "x" is the independent variable and "y" is the dependent variable.
Follow the steps below to graph an angle measure:
1) Press [MODE], scroll down to PAR and press [ENTER]. This will change the handheld's graphing mode to parametric.
2) Press [ZOOM]  to select ZStandard (Zoom Standard). This will set the handheld's graphing window settings to the default values.
3) Press [ZOOM]  to select ZSquare (Zoom Square). This will "square up" the graphing window values and reduce distortion.
4) Press [Y=] to enter the Y= editor.
5) Enter the following for X1T and Y1T. These equations will define the "base line".
6) Enter the following for X2T and Y2T.
Please Note: This example uses 20° as the angle measure.
7) Press [WINDOW] and check the following settings. Entering the values below will ensure that the angle graphs to the edges of the screen.
8) Press [GRAPH].
Please see the TI-83 family and TI-84 Plus family guidebooks for additional information.
Please Note: TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode users may refer to the TI-84 Plus family guidebook.