Solution 37935: Activating Texas Instruments Software when Activation Window Displays with Small Text, Distorted Menus or Missing Boxes on the Windows® Platform.
How do you activate Texas Instruments software when the activation window displays with small text, distorted menus or missing boxes?
1. Download the deployment.properties file from the top right of this webpage to your computer’s desktop.
2. Navigate to your computer’s desktop folder location, and locate the deployment.properties file.
3. Open the deployment.properties file using a Windows® text editor program like "Notepad", find the “license.number” line, and enter your 31 character license number next to the “license.number=” field.
4. Make sure there are no spaces after the license number or after the equal sign.
5. Make sure the license number is entered with all letters in UPPERCASE.
6. [Ctrl]+[S] to save the file, and then close the text editor.
7. Press the [Windows] key+[R] key simultaneously to open the run dialog and type: C:\ProgramData
8. Click [OK] to open the above directory, and then open the folder that matches the software you are trying to activate (for example, “TI-SmartView CE 84” or “TI-Nspire CX-TE”, etc.
9. Double-click on the “Res” folder to open the folder.
10. Move the deployment.properties from the desktop folder into this directory: C:\ProgramData\[TI-Software]\res.
11. Launch the TI Software, and it should activate automatically.If you have questions about the information listed above, please contact TI-Cares for additional assistance. Or call our Technical Department at (972) 917-8324.