Solution 37820: Troubleshooting a TI-Innovator™ Hub that is not being recognized by the TI-Nspire™ CX computer Software
Troubleshooting TI-Nspire™ CX computer software that is not recognizing the TI-Innovator™ Hub
1. Make sure you are using the latest version of TI-Nspire™ CX software. The latest version installs a driver that allows the computer to recognize the TI-Innovator™ Hub.
- To update to the latest operating system please go to: https://education.ti.com/latest
2. The TI-Innovator Hub is compatible with following TI-Nspire™ CX computer software.
- TI-Nspire™ CX Student Software v4.3 and higher
- TI-Nspire™ CX CAS Student Software v4.3 and higher
- TI-Nspire™ CX Teacher Software v4.3 and higher
- TI-Nspire™ CX CAS Teacher Software v4.3 and higher
- TI-Nspire™ CX and TI-Nspire CX CAS Navigator Teacher Software v4.3 and higher
3. Make sure you are connecting to the TI-Innovator™ Hub using the “DATA B” port on the TI-Innovator™ port.
4. Unplug the USB cable from the TI-Innovator™ Hub wait 3 seconds and re-plug the USB cable.
5. If you are not using the USB cable provided with the TI-Innovator™ Hub, the cable may be a power only USB cable rather than a power and data cable. Try a different USB cable.
What does it mean when the Error LED blinks and the speaker makes a tone?
If the error LED blinks there is an error in the commands being sent to the TI-Innovator™ Hub. Review the sample commands for the on-board, I/O modules, and breadboard components for ideas on how to modify your program.
Why is a driver for Silicon Labs CP210x installed on my computer when I plug in the TI-Innovator™ Hub?
The TI-Innovator™ Hub uses an internal Silicon Labs chip for its USB interface. The driver is needed for the desktop software to communicate with the hub. This will occur the first time you plug the TI-Innovator™ Hub into the computer. (TI-Nspire™ CX Software only.)
Mac OSX 10.13 and above only it is necessary to allow the software to communicate with the TI-Innovator hub by following the steps below:
1. Click [Apple] [System Preferences] [Security and Privacy]
Please Note: The below option is only available for 30 minutes after installing if 30 minutes have lapsed from install, uninstall then reinstall the software to have the option below reappear also internet is required to validate the driver.
2. Then in the "General" tab click [Allow] for the option ‘System software from developer “Silicon Laboratories Inc.” was blocked from loading'.
For more details refer to the TI-Innovator™ System eGuide. To access the eGuide, please click on [View]. If you require further assistance please contact TI-Cares for support at 1-866-846-2844 or send us an E-Mail.