Solution 31471: TI-Nspire™ Family or TI-SmartView™ Family Software Activation Returns an Error C22 or C23.
How do I resolve errors C22 or C23 that occur during activation of a TI-Nspire or TI-SmartView Software?
Please be advised this license type will be discontinued on November 7, 2023, and your current software will no longer be updated. Converting to a new, account-based license before that date is recommended. In most cases you can receive an equivalent subscription length free of charge by contacting TI-Cares.
For now, you may still activate and use your current software for the full license term, but you will not be able to reactivate or download this software again after November 7. If a new activation or download is needed after that date, you must contact TI-Cares to acquire a new account-based subscription.
Errors C22 and C23 occur when an older license of the TI-Nspire or TI-SmartView software is found, but cannot be converted to a newer format. Error C22 indicates that you may continue with the trial license until the license can be converted, while Error C23 indicates that the trial license is expired. To resolve this issue:
- Make sure that you have a connection to the internet.
- Make sure that you do not have any security software, such as anti-virus, anti-malware, or firewall, blocking the TI-Nspire or TI-SmartView software on port 443.
- Make sure that you have local administrator access to your computer.
- For personal computers, please contact your computer's manufacturer for support on changing user permission levels.
- For computers managed by an IT department, please contact your Administrator to receive the appropriate permissions.
If the error persists, please contact TI for a new license number.