Solution 12140: Graphing an Inverse Function on a TI-89 Family, TI-92 Family, or Voyage™ 200 Graphing Calculators.
How do I graph the inverse of a function on a TI-89 family, TI-92 family and Voyage 200 graphing calculator?
The TI-89 Family, TI-92 Family and Voyage 200 will not graph the inverse of a function. However, these calculators include a [DrawInv] key which can be used to display an inverse on the graphing screen.
Example: Draw the inverse of x^2.
Please follow the steps below to draw the inverse of x^2:
1) Press [♦] [Y=]
2) Input x^2 and press [ENTER]
3) Press [♦] [GRAPH] to display the graph
4) For TI-89 and TI-89 Titanium, press [2nd] and [F6] for TI-92 Family and Voyage 200, press [F6]
5) Select #3 for DrawInv
6) Press [ENTER]
7) DrawInv is pasted on the Home Screen
8) Enter y1(x)
9) Press [ENTER] to get the desired result
To clear the graph screen display of the inverse drawing , press F6 and choose [ClrDraw]. For TI-89 and TI-89 Titanium, press [2nd] and [F6] and choose [ClrDraw].
Notice that the inverse has disappeared, but not the parabola.
Please see the TI-89 family, TI-92 family, and Voyage 200 guidebooks for additional information.