Solution 11286: Replacing the Batteries in a BA Real Estate™.
What type of battery is used in the BA Real Estate and how is it installed?
The BA Real Estate uses two A-76 batteries. Comparable battery model numbers include:
To replace the batteries:
• Turn the calculator off and place if face down on a table or desk.
• Using a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the six (6) screws from the back case.
• Lift the bottom edge of the back case, and then lift off the whole back case.
• Remove the discharged batteries and install the new ones positive side up, as shown in the diagram inside the battery compartment.
CAUTION: Avoid contact with the other calculator components while changing the batteries.
• Replace the back case, top edge first, and then replace the screws.
• Press the [ON/C] key twice, and the calculator is ready to be used.
**Note: The calculator cannot retain data when the battery is removed or becomes discharged. Replacing the battery has the same effect as resetting the calculator.
Please see the BA Real Estate(tm) guidebooks for additional information.