Solution 11251: Replacing the Battery in a BA II Plus™ Financial calculator.
What type of battery is used in the BA II Plus Financial calculator and how is it installed?
The BA II Plus Financial calculator uses one CR2032 button cell battery.
About replacing the button cell battery on a BA II Plus Financial calculator that does not have a removable battery door:
For safety purposes and to prevent ingestion, the button-cell batteries in school- and student-owned calculators without battery doors are not designed to be replaced. It is possible to replace the battery by removing the back case of the calculator, but opening the back of the calculator voids the one-year, limited warranty. This must be done carefully, as we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused when you attempt to replace the battery. However, since your calculator is already out of warranty, you might choose to remove the back case to replace the battery.
To replace the battery in a BA II Plus Financial calculator that does not have a removable battery door:
1) Turn off the calculator and place it face down.
2) Using a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the screws from the back case and put them in a safe place.
3) Carefully pry apart the back case and the front case. Be careful not to damage any internal parts.
4) Remove the screws from the metal battery cover and lift it off the battery.
5) Tip the calculator slightly to remove the battery.
Please Note: Avoid contact with other calculator components while changing the battery.
6) Install the new battery with the + down.
7) Replace the battery cover and the screws that hold it in place.
8) Snap the back case onto the front case. Tighten the screws.
Please Note: The calculator cannot retain data when the battery is removed or becomes discharged. Replacing the battery has the same effect as resetting the calculator.
If your calculator does not power on, please see Warranty Information on Texas Instruments Products Purchased in the United States and contact Texas Instruments by filling out the TI-Cares™ Customer Assistance Form or by calling 1-800-TI-CARES (1-800-842-2737) Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Time to obtain service information.