In this lesson, students use TI-Nspire technology to understand the fundamentals of good graphing in the science classroom and laboratory.
- Students will develop a practical understanding of the necessary components of a graph in science.
- Students will understand the difference between independent and dependent variables.
- Students will evaluate regression models and understand the concepts of rate of change and y-intercept.
- Students will enter, graph, and analyze data.
- Students will evaluate graphs that show different trends—both linear and non-linear.
- axis scaling
- dependent variable
- independent variable
- rate of change (slope)
- regression models
About the Lesson
This lesson involves students in using TI-Nspire technology to understand the fundamentals of good graphing in the science classroom and laboratory.
As a result, students will:
- Understand variables, rates of change, and regression models.
- Accurately graph data in a viewer-friendly, usable way.