In this lesson, students will use a simulation to understand from a macroscopic view, what actually occurs microscopically when a metal and a nonmetal react.
- Students will transfer electrons from a metal to a nonmetal
- Students will relate this transfer to the formation of positive and negative ions.
- Student will learn how to write formulas for ionic compounds.
- ionic compound
- redox reaction
About the Lesson
This simulation gives a macroscopic view of what occurs microscopically when a metal and a nonmetal react.
As a result, students will:
- Better understand how ions are formed.
- Be able to write formulas for ionic compounds.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here.