In this lesson, students will explore the effects of various environmental conditions on the rate of transpiration from the leaves of a plant.
- Students will enhance their understanding of the process of transpiration.
- Students will manipulate the environmental factors of temperature, relative humidity, and wind and observe the effects on transpiration rates. They will then observe and analyze a graphical representation showing these factors.
- Students will extend the concept of transpiration rates to a similar process in humans.
- relative humidity
- turgor pressure
About the Lesson
This lesson involves students using TI-Nspire™ technology to model the effects of various environmental conditions on the rate of transpiration from the leaves of a plant.
As a result, students will:
- Better understand the process of transpiration.
- Predict the effect of these environmental conditions on the plant.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here.