In this lesson, students will explore a simulation that visually shows the behavior of particles in a substance as the temperature changes.
- Students will observe how the particle movement changes as a substance changes state.
- Students will relate this information to a graph of change of state.
- Student will ascertain the melting and boiling points of each substance.
- absolute zero
- boiling point
- change of state
- freezing point
- heat of fusion
- heat of vaporization
- melting point
About the Lesson
This lesson visually shows the behavior of particles in a substance as the temperature changes.
As a result, students will:
- Understand the behavior of particles as substances change state.
- Identify the melting and boiling points of 3 substances by reading a graph.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here.