- Students will be able to use a Body Mass Index (BMI) score as a tool for general health.
- Students will analyze the caloric and nutritional value a select group of foods and beverages.
- Students will describe the short- and long-term impact of nutritional choices on their health.
- Students will explore the influence of exercise for maintaining a healthy weight.
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Carbohydrates (carbs)
- Body Fat
- Healthy Weight
About the Lesson
Adapted from a PhETTM simulation, students will use TI-Nspire technology to model and explore factors that influence a healthy weight.
As a result, students will:
PhET is a trademark owned by the Regents of the University of Colorado, which was not involved in the production of, nor do they endorse this product.
- Use the Body Mass Index (BMI) score for measuring general health.
- Explore nutritional value of some foods and beverages.
- Understand the impact of nutritional and exercise choices on health.