- Students will discover that groups of specialized cells work together to form tissues and organs.
- Students will relate the connection between structure and function to specific organs of the digestive system.
- Studentd will learn how organs of the digestive system work as a team to digest food.
- stratified squamous epithelial tissue
- skeletal muscle tissue
- smooth muscle tissue
- simple columnar epithelial tissue
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will explore the specific tissues of digestive organs that work as a team to digest food.
As a result, students will:
- Understand how structure relates to function in the human body.
- Understand the relationship among cells, tissues, organs, and organ systems using the digestive system as an example.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here.