Applications and Interpretation | Geometry and Trigonometry
Circles: Angles and Arcs
- Students will define and identify central angles, major and minor arcs, intercepted arcs, and inscribed angles of a circle.
- Students will determine and apply the following relationships:
- Two inscribed angles intercepting the same arc have the same measure.
- An inscribed angle measure of 90° results in the endpoints of the intercepted arc lying on a diameter.
- The measure of an angle inscribed in a circle is half the measure of the central angle that intercepts the same arc.
- Students will try to make a connection with how to understand these topics in IB Mathematics courses on their final assessments
- Central angle
- Inscribed angle
- Major arc
- Minor arc
- Intercepted arc