This lesson involves using a simulation to generate data that can be modeled by exponential growth and decay functions.
As a result, students will:
- Determine an exponential function fitting a data set using simulation, exponential regression, and theoretical analysis.
- Analyze properties of exponential growth and decay functions such as doubling-time and half-life.
- Students will analyze data determined by a simulation involving tossing dice.
- Students will find and analyze exponential growth and decay functions.
- exponential decay function
- exponential growth function
- doubling time