Solution 26651: Unable to Login to the TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Class Session; Error Messages "Communication Failed", "Class Not Started", or "Could Not Login" Displayed.
Why am I unable to login to the TI-Nspire Navigator class session when I receive the error messages "Communication failed", "Class not started", or "Could not login"?
In order to correct issues with being unable to login to the TI-Nspire Navigator class session, first verify that you have the latest version of TI-Nspire Navigator software and the latest Operating System on your TI-Nspire family handheld. You may download the latest version of both please visit the TI-Nspire software update webpage.
Once you have verified that you have the latest updates, follow the steps listed below:
For the error message Communication failed:
1) Verify the TI-Nspire Navigator software is open and the message "TI-Nspire Navigator Network Available" is displayed in the lower right-hand corner.
2) Verify the TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CAS handheld is securely connected to the TI-Nspire Navigator Wireless Cradle. Also, make sure the switch on the back of the TI-Nspire Navigator Wireless Cradle is set to "ON".
For the error message Class not started (this message indicates that the handheld is communicating with the Access Point but the class session is not started):
1) With the TI-Nspire Navigator software open, make sure the class session has been started. If the class session has been started, stop the class session by clicking the "End Class" button and start the class session again by clicking the "Begin Class" button.
For the error message Could not login:
1) Verify the student is entering the correct username and password when attempting to login.
2) If the student is entering the correct username, try resetting the password by right-clicking on the student's name in the "Classroom" window and selecting "Edit Student". From here, click the "Reset" button next to the "Password" option.
3) If a software firewall is installed on the computer you should attempt to disable the firewall temporarily. Once the firewall is disabled have the student attempt to login. If you are able to login after completing this step the firewall is blocking the software, please contact your IT department or firewall software developer for help configuring the firewall not to block the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher software.
If the steps above do not correct the error message, try closing and re-opening the TI-Nspire Navigator software.
If you need additional assistance with other components of the TI-Nspire Navigator System please visit Knowledgebase Article #30332.
If you require additional assistance please contact TI-Cares.