Solution 28634: Disabling Press-to-Test Mode Using the TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ System.
How do I disable Press-to-Test mode using the TI-Nspire Navigator system?
Please follow the steps below to disable the Press-to-Test mode using the TI-Nspire Navigator system:
Please Note: TI-Nspire CX / TI-Nspire CX CAS Navigator Teacher Software for Handhelds version 4.3 and higher lets you change settings on connected handhelds from your computer. The handhelds can be connected through wired or wireless connections. You do not need to start a class session or require students to log in. You can perform these operations while other transfer activities, such as Quick Poll or Live Presenter, are in progress.
1) From the Tools menu, select Prepare Handhelds > Exit Press-to-Test.
2) A warning message lists the effects of exiting a Press-to-Test session. To proceed, click Exit Press-To-Test.
3) A status log reports the progress. Each handheld restarts with it's previous files and settings restored.
Alternatively, you can also follow the steps below:
1) Download the attached zip file then follow the steps below that correspond to your operating system:
Windows® Vista and Windows® 7: [Right click] the file and choose the option [Extract All...] then [Extract]
Windows® XP: [Right click] the file and choose the option [Extract All...] then [Next] twice.
Mac® Only: [Double-Click] the file.
2) Open the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher software and press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[T] to bring up the transfer tool
3) Click the button [Add to Transfer List] button and select the [Exit Test Mode.tns] and click [Select].
4) Next click on the file name [Exit Test Mode.tns] to highlight it.
5) In the field [Edit Destination Folder] enter the folder name below:
6) Click the [Change] button then [Start Transfer]
If you need assistance with any of the steps listed above please call the TI-Navigator support line at 1-866-846-2844 Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Time or fill out the TI-Cares™ Customer Assistance Form.