Solution 26892: TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ and TI-Navigator™ Comparison.
Why should I purchase a TI-Nspire Navigator system vs. a TI-Navigator System?
While it is true that both the TI-Nspire Navigator and TI-Navigator Systems facilitate a fun and innovative learning environment, there are a few key differences between the two systems to take into consideration. If you are looking to purchase a TI-Navigator System, you might want to consider the following about the TI-Nspire Navigator System:
- Presenter functionality - You are able to select any student in the class (or the teacher themselves) to be able to show, in real-time, their work to the class. This allows the class to share ideas and mathematics easily.
- Quick Poll - You are able to view not just the same multiple choice and text based responses, but you can also share the mathematical responses of students. Students can respond to questions with correct mathematical notation.
- Screen Capture - Auto-refresh of the student screens allows the teacher to easily see teachable moments and have the class share their ideas.
- Question Application - Teachers can add questions directly into the mathematical document (the .tns file). The students can have rich documents that not only help them understand the mathematics, but assess their understanding. So the student can first be asked to look at data or a graph and analyze it within the context of the TI-Nspire, and then answer the appropriate questions for the teacher to assess if the class understands the concept.
- Completely Wireless System - Easy to move and set-up each day. The system also uses our latest handheld technology: either the TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CAS handhelds can be used with the TI-Nspire Navigator System.
Also, please note that the TI-Nspire Navigator System currently does not work on any available Macintosh© Operating Systems. For more information about the TI-Nspire Navigator system, please visit the TI-Nspire Navigator page on our main website.