Solution 28470: Resolving Issues Detecting TI-Nspire™ Handhelds When Using the TI-Nspire Docking Station or the TI-Nspire CX Docking Station.
How do I resolve issues detecting TI-Nspire Handhelds when using the TI-Nspire Docking Station or the TI-Nspire CX Docking Station?
When using the TI-Nspire Docking Station or the TI-Nspire CX Docking Station, you can use the troubleshooting steps listed below to try and resolve detection issues:
• Verify that the lights appear lit on the Docking Station. If not, check the power supply and make sure it is firmly connected to the power outlet and Docking Station. If it is firmly connected but lights still do not appear lit, try connecting the Docking Station to a different power outlet.
• Verify that all handhelds show a green light when inserted into the Docking Station. If there is not a green light, the handheld is not seated inside of the Docking Station correctly.
• Try removing the handhelds that are not being detected from the Docking Station, and attempt to reset them using the reset button on the back of your unit.
• Try disconnecting the USB cable from the computer, and then reinserting it to see if that reinitializes communication.
• Try switching the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer. If using a Desktop Computer with USB ports in the front of the computer, try switching to a USB port located on the back of the computer.
• Try disconnecting the power from the Docking station for 5 seconds then reinserting the power cable.
If you are trying to connect 60 TI-Nspire Handhelds via 6 Docking Stations, please follow the steps below.
• Connect a single Docking Station to a USB Port.
• Connect another Docking Station to the first one, and then connect one last Docking Station to the chain you just built.
• Repeat the above procedure for the next 3 Docking Stations, ensuring that no more than 30 TI-Nspire units and 3 Docking Stations are connected through any 1 USB port.
Please see the TI-Nspire Docking Station Getting Started Guide for additional information.If the suggestions do not alleviate the problem, please contact TI-Cares for additional assistance.