Solution 35474: Using the nfMin() and nfMax() Function on the TI-Nspire™ Family Products.
How do I use the nfMin() and nfMax() function on the TI-Nspire family products?
The nfMin() and nfMax() functions can be used to find the minimum or maximum values of a function, over a range specified by upper and lower bounds. The syntax for the functions is listed below:
nfMin(expression, variable, lower, upper)
nfMax(expression, variable, lower, upper)
Reference the example provided below.
Example: Find the function minimum of sin(x), for the variable x, with -p for the lower bound and p for the upper bound.
1) From the calculator screen press [menu].
2) Press 4: Calculus.
3) Press 5: Numerical Function Minimum.
4) Press [trig].
5) Highlight sin and press [enter].
6) Press [x] [)] [,] [x] [,] [(-)] [p ] [enter] [,] [p ] [enter].
7) Press [enter] again to display the results.
Please Note: On the TI-Nspire CAS family products, there are also similar functions called fMin() and fMax(). If you want to find an answer to an equation symbolically as well, (for example, giving an answer in terms of p), you can use these functions.