Solution 30711: Using The Nextprime() Function On A TI-Nspire™ or TI-Nspire CAS Family Products.
How do I use the nextprime() function on my TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CAS Product?
Using any version of a TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CAS Handheld or Software, the nextprime() function can be used to find the prime number immediately after a given number. For example, given the number 34, what 1st prime number that occurs immediately after the number 34?• Using either the scratchpad or the calculator application, press the catalog button (the open book).
• Across the top of the screen, choose the last tab. This is tab 5 on Non CAS Products, or tab 6 on CAS Products.
• Scroll to "numtheory", and press [enter], then scroll to "nextprime".
• Press [enter] on "nextprime". This will take you back to your calculator or scratchpad application screen, but now with the function displayed.
• Enter the number "34" in parenthesis, and press [enter]. You should see an answer of 37.
Please Note: This command only accepts whole numbers. So decimal numbers, such as 43.2, return an error if you try to use them with the nextprime() command.
• Also, if you enter a prime number into the command, the exact same prime number will be returned as an answer.
Please see the TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire and TI-Nspire CAS guidebooks for additional information.