Solution 37362: TI-84 Plus CE SmartPad App is not Establishing Connection to Control TI-SmartView CE.
What may cause the TI-84 Plus CE SmartPad App to not establish connection to control TI-SmartView CE?
The TI-84 Plus CE SmartPad App may become non-responsive on Mac computer is removed from sleep mode.
The TI-84 Plus CE SmartPad App may not establish connection if a key is pressed multiple times rapidly on the calculator prior to connection being fully established.
To workaround both the issues above follow the steps below:
1) Disconnect the TI-84 Plus CE from the standard A to mini B USB cable.
2) Connect the TI-84 Plus CE to the standard A to mini B USB cable.
3) Launch the SmartPad App by pressing [Apps] followed by [Alpha] then [ln] and select the App using the arrow keys and press [Enter].
4) After the App launches and requests you to [Press any Key...] press a single key, for example [Enter], then wait for 2 seconds for connection to be established.
5) After 2 seconds the App can be used to control the TI-SmartView CE software.