Solution 36998: TI-Connect CE™ on Windows® does not show a TI-84 Plus Family Calculator when it is Connected.
Why does TI-Connect CE™ on Windows® not show a TI-84 Plus Family calculator when it is connected?
TI Connect CE 5.0 contains a driver that is signed by Texas Instruments but has not been Windows® Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certified.
During software installation, Windows® will prompt the user to choose whether they wish to install the driver. If the user chooses “Don’t Install”, then the driver will not be available to the system, and supported calculators will not appear in the TI-Connect CE software.
Please Note: If TI-Connect 4.0 or lower is open this may cause issues detecting your handheld as well please see Knowledgebase Article #36997 for further information.
Additional Note: Verify the USB cable is completely pushed into the TI-84 Plus CE calculator before troubleshooting as it is a tight fit. If it is not completely pushed in the computer will not detect it.
To install the driver please follow the steps below:
1) Go to Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager.
2) Locate your device either under [Other Devices] or [Universal Serial Bus Controllers]
3) If the device is not listed as "TI-Graphing Calculator" [Right Click] the device and choose the option [Update Driver]
4) Choose the option [Browse my computer for driver software] then [Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer]
5) Next choose the option [Have Disk...] then click [Browse...] then navigate to the location below:
C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI Connect CE\drivers\WinXP\
C:\Program Files (x86)\TI Education\TI Connect CE\drivers\Win7\
6) Select the file "tiehdusb.inf" in the location that corresponds to your OS then click [Open] [OK] then [Next]
7) You will receive a dialog asking if you would like to install the driver, click [Install] to install the driver.