Solution 35072: Troubleshooting a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition Graphing Calculator That Will Not Charge in the Charging Station.
What can I do if my TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition handhelds will not charge in the Charging Station?
If your TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition will not charge in the TI-84 Plus C
Charging Station, please try the following:
1) Plug in a USB cable from PC or wall charger.
Please Note: If you are using a wall charger, make sure you are using a TI wall charger or other UL-certified USB charger rated for at least 1 amp (usually written as “1A” or “1000 mA”). To determine whether your charger is UL-certified, flip it over to the inside, and read the label. Look for the UL stamp, and confirm that it states that it is 1000 mA or higher.
2) Verify the USB cable is completely pushed into the handheld and it is a tight fit.
3) Initiate a USB activity by putting the unit in Receive or Transmit mode (no need to connect to another device).
4) Press the RESET button on the back of the unit or reset via the menu (press [2nd] [MEM]  ).
5) Disconnect and reconnect the rechargeable battery.
These steps should reset the calculators USB port and allow charging via the TI-84 Plus C Charging Station.
If the suggestions do not alleviate the problem, please contact TI-Cares for information regarding service.