Solution 34655: Using the RandInt() Function on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition Graphing Calculator.
How do you use the randInt() function on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition graphing calculator?
The randInt() function generates and displays a random integer within a range specified by lower and upper integer bounds for a specified number of trials. The syntax for the randInt() function is listed below.
randInt( lower,upper[,number of trials])
Example: Find three random integers between 1 and 6:
• Press [MATH]
• Press the [Right Arrow] three times to go to the PROB menu
• Press  to select the command randInt
• Input the lower, upper, n values
• Select Paste and press [ENTER]
Your screen should display the following:
• Press [ENTER] twice to display the answer.
Note: The numbers you receive may be different then the numbers displayed above since the numbers are randomly generated.
Please see the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition guidebook for additional information.