Solution 13620: Creating a Scatter Plot Using the TI-83 Plus Family, TI-84 Plus Family, and TI-Nspire™ Handheld in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How can I create a scatter plot using the TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family, and TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode?The following example will demonstrate how to enter statistical data and graph a scatter plot using the TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family and TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode.
Data for this example:
To input data into the STAT list editor:
• Enter STAT edit mode by pressing [STAT] .
• Enter the data in the L1 and L2 lists, pressing [ENTER] after each entry.
• Press [2nd] [MODE] to QUIT and return to the home screen.
Graph the scatter plot:
• Press [2nd] [Y=] to access the STAT PLOT editor.
• Press [ENTER] to edit Plot1.
• Press [ENTER] to turn ON Plot1.
• Scroll down and highlight the scatter plot graph type (first option in the first row). Press [ENTER] to select the scatter plot graph type.
• Scroll down and make sure Xlist: is set to L1 and Ylist: is set to L2. To input L1, press [2nd] . To input L2, press [2nd] .
• Press [GRAPH] to display the scatter plot. To get a better view of the graph, press [ZOOM]  to perform a ZoomStat.
Please see the TI-83 family and TI-84 Plus family guidebooks for additional information.
TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode users may refer to the TI-84 Plus family guidebook.