Solution 11964: Graphing a Polar Rose Using the TI-83 Family, TI-84 Plus Family and TI-Nspire™ Handheld in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How do I graph a polar rose using the TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family and TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode?
The example below will demonstrate how to graph a polar rose using the TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family and TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode.
Please Note: For this example, the mode settings will need to be changed.
For Example: Graph the function 8sin(2.5θ)
1) Press [MODE].
2) Scroll down to "Func", highlight "Pol" and press [ENTER]. The will set the handheld's graphing mode to Polar.
3) Press [CLEAR] to return to the home screen.
4) Press [Y=] to access the Y= editor.
5) For r1, input 8sin(2.5θ).
Please Note: To input the "θ" symbol, press the [X,T,θ,n] key.
6) Press [WINDOW] to access the graph WINDOW settings.
7) Change the value for θmax to 4π.
8) Press [ZOOM]  to perform a ZSquare (ZoomSquare) which will display the graph.