Solution 11781: Performing Chi-Square Computations using the TI-83 Family, TI-84 Plus Family, or TI-Nspire™ Handheld in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How do I compute chi-square using the TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family, or TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode?
The following example demonstrates how to perform c2 (chi-square) calculations.
Matrices for this example:
• Enter the matrix editor, press [2nd][MATRX] (or [MATRX] on the TI-83).
• Move the cursor to highlight EDIT and select the matrix.
• Input the data for the observed matrix.
• The corresponding expected values will be inputted into Matrix B by default.
Compute the c2 test:
• Press [STAT] and move cursor to highlight TESTS.
• Select C:c2-Test.
Note: Make sure the names correspond to the correct Observed and Expected matrices. If the names for the matrices need to be changed, the names can be accessed by pressing [2nd][MATRX] (or [MATRX] on the TI-83).
• Once this is done, highlight Calculate to display the calculated results or Draw for the graph.
Please see the TI-83 family and TI-84 Plus family guidebooks for additional information.
Please Note: TI-Nspire users may refer to the TI-84 Plus family guidebook.
For more information on how chi-square is computed, please refer to the Algorithm case.