Solution 11885: Guidelines and Precautions for Replacing Batteries in TI Graphing Calculators.
What are the guidelines and precautions for replacing batteries in TI graphing calculators?
Follow the precautions below when replacing batteries in a graphing calculator:
1) Do not mix rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries.
2) Install batteries according to polarity diagrams.
3) Do not mix new and used batteries. Do not mix brands or types within brands of batteries.
4) Replace all four AAA or AA batteries simultaneously; or, replace the lithium battery. Do not remove both types of batteries (AAA or AA and lithium) at the same time.
Please Note: The round (lithium battery) provides auxiliary power to retain memory while the AAA or AA batteries are replaced. Removing both batteries at the same time will cause information in the memory of a graphing calculator to be lost.
5) Do not place non-rechargeable batteries in battery recharger.
6) Do not incinerate batteries.
7) Properly dispose of used batteries immediately.
8) Do not leave them within the reach of children.
Please see the TI Graphing Calculator guidebooks for additional information.